The Triple Aim: High Performance Providers Motto
If you’re familiar with High Performance Providers‘ vision, you know that we work to develop a win-win-win relationship for all parties involved in healthcare delivery. The basis of our trifecta comes from the Triple Aim, or what many have adjusted to being the Quadruple Aim, developed by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI).
What Is the Triple Aim?
According to the IHI, The Triple Aim is a framework that describes an approach to optimizing health system performance:
- Improving the patient experience of care (including quality and satisfaction);
- Improving the health of populations; and
- Reducing the per capita cost of health care.
What Is the Quadruple Aim?
The Triple Aim adopted a fourth aim to become the Quadruple Aim. Many researchers and professionals point out the need to care for healthcare professionals and prevent burnout and dissatisfaction. The fourth aim captures this dimension by adding the goal of improving the work-life of health care providers, including clinicians and staff.
Improving the patient experience of care and the health of populations largely depends on the provider’s commitment to high-quality care. The demands of large bureaucratic systems often get in the way of medical professionals providing the care they believe is best for the patient and being compensated fairly, leading to frustration and burnout.
The High Performance Providers Solution
High Performance Providers’ network with bundled surgery offerings brings higher-quality care for less cost to the patient and health plans while providers benefit from less administrative costs.
How do we ensure an improved patient experience of care and improved health of the population?
- We curate a network of providers who are superior in their field in patient outcomes and satisfaction. All of our surgeons operate in ambulatory surgery centers (as opposed to a traditional hospital setting), which consistently rank higher in all aspects of patient experience.
- Because our surgeons are the best of the best, complication rates are significantly lower.
- Surgical solutions such as bariatric surgery to treat obesity have been proven to lower the risks of numerous other chronic health conditions.
How do we lower the cost per capita?
- We offer self-funded health plans a flat-rate approach where practices bundle costs into one transparent, all-inclusive price. This bundled payment model leads to savings for employers and patients.
- Cutting out many of the administrative costs allows providers to charge less for their services.
How do we take care of medical professionals?
- In working with us, surgeons have more freedom over their patients’ care, which engenders more job satisfaction and fulfillment.
- Surgeons receive more compensation for each surgery because they don’t have to worry about pre-authorization and collection. They also get paid faster!
This free-market model for health care is growing in the US, with innovative minds like Dr. Keith Smith leading the way. High Performance Providers is the structure that connects self-funded health plans or the third-party administrators (TPAs) representing those plans to the top-performing health care providers. Book a meeting to learn more and be a part of this exciting way to deliver healthcare!